Ginkgo Biloba 40mg Tablets
Important things you need to know
• This product is used to relieve the symptoms of Raynaud’s syndrome and tinnitus.
• This product is suitable for adults over 18 years.
• Don’t take this product if you are allergic to peanuts, soya or any other ingredients: see section 6.
• Before you take this product: Read section 2
• Dosage instruction: See section 3
• Talk to your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve within 4 weeks.
• Side effects are minor and rare: See section 4.
Now read the rest of the leaflet
carefully. Keep this leaflet, you may need to read it again.
1 What this product is for
Ginko Biloba is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve the symptoms of :
• Raynaud’s syndrome
Cold hands and feet
Pain, tingling and numbness in extremities
• Tinnitus (ringing in the ears.)
This is based on traditional use only.
What is Raynaud’s Syndrome?
Raynaud’s syndrome is a condition where the blood supply to the fingers and toes is interrepted in response to changes in temperature or emotional stress. This causes the skin to turn white and can cause pain, numbness or tingling. This usually afftects the fingers and toes.
2 Before you take this product
Do not take this product:
• If you are under 18 years of age.
• If you are allergic to
Peanut or soya. This product contains soya polysaccharides.
Any of the other ingredients in this product (see section 6 Further Information)
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• If you have been told by your doctor that you have a bleeding disorder. This means you have the tendency to bleed for longer than is normal.
• If you are due to have an operation in the next 14 days.
3 How to take this product Adults and the elderly:
Take one tablet twicw daily after food. The dose can be increased to 2 tablets twice daily if necessary.
Not for use in children or those under 18.
For oral use only. Don’t take more than the recommended dose.
If you take more of this product than you should
• If you take too much and feel ill, talk to you doctor. Taking too much is unlikely to be harmful.
If you forget to take this product
• Don’t worry about the missed dose. Take the next dose as usual.
If you feel this product isn’t working
• See your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve within 4 weeks.
4 Side Effects
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Minor side effects
The following minor side effects occur when using this product. These are rare and likely to affect less than 1 in 1,000 people.
• Feeling sick (nausea)
• Digestive updates such as sickness or diarrhea
These are often short lived and should get better on their own. However if they persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
• Itching (pruritis)
Other Side Effects
• Allergic Reactions
Stop taking the product If any of these occur.
There have been very rare reports of the following occurring after the use of Ginkgo extracts.
• Blistering of the skin and mucous membranes (Stevenes-johnson syndrome)
• Bleeding disorders
It is not known if these were caused by Ginkgo. If you experience them, seek medical advice and take this leaflet with you.
If you are concerned about any side effect or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 How to store this product
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Do not use this product after the expiry date which is stated on the packaging. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Store in the original container
• Do not use the product if you notice change in the colour. The tablets should be speckled brown in colour.
6 Further Information
What this product contains
1 tablet contains 40gm of extract (as dry extract) from ginkgo biloba L. fresh leaf (3-5:1). Extraction solvent: ethanol 60% m/m.
The other ingredients used for the tablet are microcrystalline cellulose, soya polysaccharide and magnesium stearate (vegetable source)
What this product looks like and the contents of the pack
The tablets are round and speckled brown in colour. This product is available in packs containing 60 and 120 tablets. Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
TAJ PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
At:388/34, Changodar Industrial Estate
Changodar- 382 210
Dist- Ahmedabad. Gujarat (India)
Click here for Download pdf of patient information
Click here for Download pdf of prescribing information